The Pedal for the Path returns, Sunday September 11, 2022
Join us for our signature fundraising event of the year – a cycling tour of the South Coast with beautiful views, quiet roads and lots of fun. Keep an eye on this page for updates!
Registration is OPEN! Register today as space is limited.
Free t-shirts if you register by August 28.
What is it?
The South Coast Bikeway Alliance (SCBA) will hold its fifth regional bike-ride fundraiser, Pedal for the Path.
Beginning and ending at Cisco Brewers Kitchen & Bar, two distances (52 and 30 miles) offer miles of fabulous cycling, postcard perfect scenic views, more historic places than you can count, and, along the way, memorable ice cream and more! A post ride celebration features a Cisco food and beverage voucher, live music and a spectacular view!!
Sponsored stops include:
(Note: Each route has a different selection of stops.)
Acushnet Creamery at Pier 3 – ice cream
Davoll’s General Store
Del’s Lemonade served by Dorothy Cox Chocolates
Dairy Maid will serve up Dole Whip at Cisco after the ride.
Please check back here and on our Facebook page for the latest event updates. Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Registration opens August 1. As space is limited, sign up – right away!
Not planning to ride? Donations are welcome on our website or Facebook page! Thank you!
We will need plenty of help on the day of the event, Sunday, September 11. If you don’t feel like riding but want to be outside doing something helpful and fun – then this is your opportunity to have it all.
What is it for?
This ride will help raise funds to further advance the results of the Closing the Gap feasibility study enabling the communities of Dartmouth, New Bedford, and Westport to move closer to completing their portions of a multi-use South Coast Bikeway spanning from Swansea to Wareham. Sections have already been completed in Fall River, Fairhaven, New Bedford and Mattapoisett. We need your help to bring the Path to completion!
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- There’s plenty of free parking in the north East Beach parking lot from 8 am to 4 pm. Look for the event sign.
When can I check in for the ride?
- Registration check-in starts at 8:00 am. All riders must check-in at planned intervals (indicated on map and cue sheet). Riders must return by 3:00 pm; ride support will be provided up to 3:00 pm.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Email us: thesouthcoastbikeway@south-coast-bikeway
What’s the refund policy?
- No refunds, very sorry. And the ride will be RAIN or SHINE.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Print or online receipts are accepted.
- You will be required to sign a waiver when you arrive.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferable?
- Not transferable, sorry.
What is the terrain?
- The route traverses country roads as well as city streets and a few suburban blocks, depending upon the distance you choose. Two drawbridges, that open every half hour, may encourage you to pause and look at the boats! Water refills and bathrooms will be available at rest areas and ice cream stops.
How do I get my ice cream or other benefits?
- Present yourself at the counter or kiosk with your rider bib on.
What kind of cycling support will be available?
- Yesteryear Cyclery will provide assistance at the start, on the road as needed, and will sweep the course.
What if I can’t complete the entire route?
- You will be provided an emergency phone number for assistance.
What about maps/cue sheets?
- 52 mile route:
- 30 mile route:
- Maps and cue sheets will NOT be available through BikeReg.
- Printed maps and cue sheets will also be available at check-in on the day of the ride.
What do I need to bring on the day of the ride?
- Remember to bring your confirmation email (electronic or hard copy) with you to check-in.
- Helmets must be worn.
- Water bottles are a must for this long ride. Water stations will provide refills.
- Bike gloves help prevent injury to hands from long hours on the handlebars.
- Snacks and water are provided at the checkpoints. If you have other preferences (sports drink, juice, etc.) be prepared to purchase items at stores along the way.
Thank you to our 2022 Sponsors!
Silvia Custom Builders